CPS is an expert in all GE Power Break Retrofits. We encompass all vintage and styles of PBI’s in our PBII Retrofit Solutions. These Retrofit include upgrades for:
- Bolt In
- TC Drawout
- Houston Style Drawout
- Plainville Style Drawout
Benefits of a Power Break II Retrofit
All possible AC application Power Break I Circuit Breakers can be upgraded to the Current Production Power Break II. The benefits of these upgrades include:
- Quick Turnaround, CPS Stocks most Retrofit Power Break I to Power Break II options
- Little Downtime. No Cubical Modifications are required to install
- Going from Obsolete Breaker to Current Production Power Break II Breaker
- Power Break II Retrofit interacts with the existing secondary disconnects, giving no need to re-wire breaker or cubical.
- Power Break II Retrofit offers field-installable devices that are external to the breaker, this allows Shunt Trips, Under Voltage Releases (UVR), Rating Plug and Bell Alarms to be added or replaced without opening the breaker.
Ordering Your GE Power Break II
Customers can work with our sales experts to fill out our Circuit Breaker Information Sheet.
We can take this information and within minutes cross-reference with a New Power Break II Retrofit. We can also make any recommendations on additional features available such as:
- RELT (Reduced Energy Let Through)
- Remote Operating Stations
- Zone Selective Interlocking
- Other Custom Controls or Features
Power Break II Installation
CPS is available to immediately travel all over the world to assist or provide installation services. Our certified technicians can provide turn-key service to get your gear back up and running quickly and safely. For those customers who choose to install themselves; our Power Break II Retrofits come pre-wired and ready to install. Installation includes:
- Racking Out/ Unbolting Existing Circuit Breaker
- Racking In New Power Break II Retrofit into Existing Substructure/ Bolting In New Power Break II Retrofit Breaker
- Installing Provided Replacement Panel, or cutting an opening in the door for new Power Break II Escutcheon and Installing Trim Plate Kit
- Some applications may require the replacement of Neutral CT with provided Neutral CT kit.
- Upgrades Older Gear while limiting Downtime
- Increase your Arc Flash Protection
- Lower Maintenance and Current Production Field Installable Replacement Parts
- Trip Unit and All Indicators are visible through the door
- RELT and Zone Selective Interlocking are available
Call us today to talk to our experts at CPS to explore all Power Break I to Power Break II solutions today!