Coastal Power Systems provides our customers in the oil and gas market with a comprehensive database and knowledge base of Ross Hill, IEC, GE, NOV, and IPS systems. We are able to support control products, circuit breakers, and SCR/DC Slide Cards.
What is a Silicon Controlled Rectifier System?
Silicon Controlled Rectifiers, or SCRs, are unidirectional devices (i.e. can conduct current only in one direction) used to convert (Rectify) AC voltage to DC voltage. The DC voltage is used to control a DC motor(s) and is controlled via a Stack Controller which pulses a signal to the Gates of the SCR to turn them on and off.
Silicon-Controlled Rectifier System Common Industries:
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
CPS Capabilities for Silicon-Controlled Rectifier System
- Replacement SCR Bays and Add-On Bays, this is a quick and easy way to expand the capabilities of your existing system.
- Replacement PC Cards and other control components
- Configured Circuit Breakers and Breaker Devices for specific SCR Systems, and Stand-Alone/Add on SCR Drives for Mud Pumps, Top Drives, Rotary Tables and Drawworks.
- Retrofit and Retrofill options for obsolete Circuit Breakers such as GE Powerbreak I, Merlin Gerin Masterpact M and MP, Power Break II, ITE HP, and CP Frames both fused and non-fused.
- Incorporate communication from an existing DC slide card to communicate with all Circuit Breaker Devices.
*Note: A DC Slide card is a component of the Ross Hill SCR System, its function is to provide the Undervoltage signal to the UV device in a breaker.
Contact our SCR and DC Slide Card experts today to discuss options and available bays and components today.