GE Power Break II Retrofits & Upgrades
GE Power Break II Retrofits & Upgrades
Need an upgrade for a GE Power Break? CPS has solutions for all vintage and styles of PBI & PBII Retrofits. We can provide a Circuit Breaker Retrofit for:
• Bolt In
• TC Drawout
• Houston Style Drawout
• Plainville Style Drawout
PBI & PBII Retrofit Styles
Benefits of a Power Break II Retrofit
All possible AC application Power Break I Circuit Breakers can be upgraded to the Current Production Power Break II. The benefits of these circuit breaker retrofit upgrades include:
• quick turnaround
• little downtime
• no need to re-wire breaker or cubical when installing
• no cubical modifications are required
Retrofit Power Break I & II
CPS has a 5-acre facility housing thousands of products. Most Retrofit Power Break I to Power Break II options are in stock ready to ship. Our technicians are experts in transitioning from an obsolete circuit breaker to a current production Power Break II. The Retrofit Power Break II also interacts with the existing secondary disconnects. Power Break II Retrofit offers field-installable devices that are external to the breaker. This allows Shunt Trips, Under Voltage Releases (UVR), Rating Plug and Bell Alarms to be added or replaced without removing the front cover.
Order Your GE Power Break II Circuit Breaker
You will work with one of our knowledgeable sales team members to gather the information about your Circuit Breaker. We will take this information and within minutes cross-reference with a New Power Break II Retrofit. We can also make any recommendations on additional features available such as:
• RELT (Reduced Energy Let Through) - The RELT system when activated helps to mitigate the arc flash hazard by limiting the duration of the fault current to the fault through the use of a user selectable and settable secondary instantaneous pickup setting.
• Remote Operating Stations – makes it possible to operate remotely using a special actuator device.
• Communications System - allows the user to interrogate diagnostics and operating data, log current values, implement the parameter assignment and control of the circuit-breakers locally or via a network.
• Zone Selective Interlocking – an interlocking system used to enhance the selective coordination level of electrical distribution system.
• Other Custom Controls or Features
What sets us apart is the attention to detail, quality, and customer service; this has always been our number one priority and the reason why so many of our customers trust us with all of their electrical needs. We are always willing to provide “whatever it takes” service no matter what time of night or day. Every product we ship out the door must meet rigorous standards and has the customers’ needs in mind.
Power Break II Installation Services
CPS is available to immediately travel all over the world to assist or provide circuit breaker installation services. Our certified technicians can provide turn-key service to get your gear back up and running quickly and safely. For those customers who choose to install themselves; our Power Break II Retrofits come pre-wired and ready to install.
Circuit breaker installation includes:
• Racking Out/ Unbolting Existing Circuit Breaker
• Racking In New Power Break II Retrofit into Existing Substructure/ Bolting In New Power Break II Retrofit Breaker
• Installing Provided Replacement Panel, or cutting an opening in the door for new Power Break II Escutcheon and Installing Trim Plate Kit
• Some applications may require the replacement of Neutral CT with provided Neutral CT kit.
Why Retrofit Circuit Breakers?
Retrofit circuit breakers are the implementation of modern components such as the primary switching devices, digital protection, or control technology in the existing cubicle. By adding state of the art components to the original equipment the useful life of the breaker is extended.
• Upgrades Older Gear while limiting Downtime
• Increase your Arc Flash Protection
• Lower Maintenance and Current Production Field Installable Replacement Parts
• Trip Unit and All Indicators are visible through the door
• RELT and Zone Selective Interlocking are available
Coastal Power Systems
Coastal Power Systems opened its doors in 1995 with a background in Insulated Case Circuit Breakers. The founders Danny Davis and Don Cook had a vast technical knowledge of all major manufacturer circuit breakers with a specialty in GE Power Break I’s. From this point, the business began to grow and encompass multiple markets such as oil and gas, commercial, industrial, medical, wind and solar, and many more. Product lines went from Insulated case circuit breakers to all types and manufacturers.
Today, CPS houses a 4000 sq. ft circuit breaker repair facility, over 20,000 square feet dedicated to inventory, and a fabrication area. We utilize these spaces to produce Retrofits/Retrofills, Circuit Breakers both reconditioned and new, Motor Control Components and lineups, Switchgear and Switchboards, Transformers and much more.
What sets us apart from our competitors is the attention to detail. Quality has always been our number one priority and the reason why so many of our customers trust us with all of their electrical needs. We are always willing to provide “whatever it takes” service no matter what time of night or day. Every product we ship out the door must meet rigorous standards and has the customers’ needs in mind. Contact us today!